Porcelain Veneers in Renton, WA
Dental veneers are thin porcelain covers permanently attached to the tooth surface. Veneers can make teeth look straighter and more uniform and camouflage defects like gaps, tooth unevenness, tooth chips, worn-down teeth, improper tooth size, and tooth discoloration. Many 4th & Morris Dentistry patients enjoy improved dental aesthetics after veneer installation.
Why Choose Dental Veneers?
Dental veneers are among the most popular cosmetic dentistry solutions thanks to the benefits they offer:
- A beautiful smile without visible defects
- A porcelain lamination layer that gives the natural teeth extra protection
- Resistance to stains from beverages like tea or coffee
- Simple, easy installation and fast results
Quality dental veneers should look exactly like healthy natural teeth. In many cases, the patient gets a full set of veneers for a complete aesthetic transformation. Dental veneers can be a good option for patients who:
- Have good overall dental health and sound natural teeth
- Do not suffer from gum disease or active infections
- Do not engage in harmful oral habits like teeth grinding or clenching
- Can commit to optimal dental veneer care
The Dental Veneer Process
In most cases, the veneer procedure is straightforward and easy. Although it involves multiple appointments, they are typically quick and painless.
Here is what usually happens before, during, and after dental veneer installation:
- Before installation: The dentist will remove a thin layer of enamel to allow veneer fitting and take a mold of the patient’s teeth. Later, a dental technician will use this mold for creating an individually customized set of dental veneers. If necessary, the dentist will place a temporary set of veneers until the permanent ones are ready.
- During installation: The dentist will put the veneers in place, first using a dry fit to ensure a perfect adjustment between the veneers and the patient’s teeth. The next stage is cementing, which permanently bonds the veneers to the tooth surface.
- After installation: At a follow-up appointment, the dentist will ensure the veneers look and function well. The patient will also get instructions on optimal dental veneer care.
Caring for Dental Veneers
On average, dental veneers last about ten years. However, with optimal care, they can still look great after 15 and even 20 years.
Veneers will have a longer lifespan with proper care that includes:
- Brushing and flossing
- Using a soft toothbrush and non-abrasive toothpaste
- Regular check-up visits
- Avoiding damaging oral practices like chewing on hard candy or ice
Dr. Jaji Dhaliwal, DDS: Your Cosmetic Dentist in Renton, WA
Dr. Jaji Dhaliwal of 4th & Morris Dentistry is committed to providing comprehensive dental services while making her patients feel safe and comfortable.
We look forward to seeing you at 4th & Morris Dentistry and hope to build long-term relationships with our patients in the community of Renton, WA. Call us at 425-226-6227 to schedule an appointment.